At 4impact we are committed to ensuring the privacy of your Personal Information in accordance with its obligations under the Privacy Act. The following statement set out:
- how and why we collect and use your Personal Information; and
- what controls you have over your Personal Information in our possession.
In this policy:
4impact or we or us means 4impact Group Pty Ltd ACN 106 674 962 and its associated entities as appropriate;
OAIC means the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner;
Personal Information means information about you which personally identifies you or may reasonably be used to personally identify you;
Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth);
Sensitive Information has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act.
Types of Personal Information we collect
We collect and hold various types of Personal Information, including:
- personal details, including name, contact details and date of birth;
- information about you included in your employment application or resume, including your education, qualifications and employment history;
- family contact information where you work for us;
- financial information, including ABN/ACN, tax file number, billing and payment details;
- (if applicable) details of your business insurance; and
- for new residents or migrants, copies of your passport and relevant visa/right to work
Where we solicit Personal Information, we only collect:
- non-Sensitive Information, if it is reasonably necessary for the services we provide; and
- Sensitive Information, if it is reasonably necessary for or directly related to services we provide and you have consented to its collection, or its collection is permitted or authorised by law.
We may also collect various other types of Personal Information, including Sensitive Information, in the course of conducting our business where it is provided by our clients or other persons without being solicited.
How we collect Personal Information:
We may collect Personal Information about you when:
- you access or use our website;
- you communicate with our employees or clients;
- you deal with us in the course of business;
- we solicit it from third parties in the course of our business;
- we solicit it from third parties, for example, from your employment referees or interviews where you are applying to work for us;
- it is provided by or on behalf of our clients in the course of us providing services to them;
- it is provided from publicly available records or public registries that we accessed in the course of providing services to our clients.
If we solicit Personal Information, we will generally solicit it directly from you, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to do so. Where we collect Personal Information about you from a third party without your prior consent, we will take reasonable steps to inform you that we have collected personal information.
Under section 21(2) of the Queensland Private Employment Agents (Code of Conduct) Regulation 2005, 4impact must collect and store certain information required by the Regulation.
To improve your experience on our website, we may use ‘cookies’: small data files that are served by our platform and stored on your device. These are used by us or third parties for a variety of purposes including to operate and personalise the website. Cookies may be used for recording preferences, conducting internal analytics, conducting research to improve our offering, assisting with marketing and delivering certain website functionality.
You may refuse to accept cookies by selecting the appropriate setting on your internet browser. However, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of our website.
How we store and protect Personal Information
We may hold Personal Information in physical documents or in electronic form. Physical files are kept securely inside our access controlled premises. Electronic files are only accessible through our secure network.
We take reasonable steps to:
- ensure that Personal Information we collect is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant, other than where it is only collected to provide advice in respect of a particular point in time, in which case we will seek to ensure it is accurate, complete and relevant as at that particular point in time;
- ensure that Personal Information we use or disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant, having regard to the purposes for which Personal Information is used or disclosed;
- protect Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy or de-identify Personal Information which we no longer need for the purposes for which it was collected, except where it is necessary to retain it in order to maintain ongoing records for our clients.
We cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted via the internet. As such, transmission of Personal Information via the internet is at your own risk.
Links to third party websites may appear on our website from time to time. Your use of those links is entirely at your own risk and we make no representations or warranties regarding third parties’ privacy practices.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information
We collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information for various purposes, including:
- facilitating interactions with you in the course of operating our business;
- responding to your enquiries and information requests;
- providing services to our clients if it was validly collected for that purpose;
- storing information at third-party data centres;
- updating your Personal Information;
- complying with our legal obligations;
- employing staff, including conducting criminal reference checks and other background checks permitted by law; and
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting the information.
We may disclose your Personal Information to such persons as is necessary to achieve the above purposes. This will often include disclosure to our related bodies corporate, contractors or other third party service providers.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information for secondary purposes where it would be reasonable to expect us to do so, and that secondary purpose is related (or directly related in the case of Sensitive Information) to the primary purpose for which it was collected.
If we engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involves handling Personal Information, we take reasonable steps to prohibit the contractor from using Personal Information except for the purposes for which it was supplied.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our business and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent via mail, email and through social media platforms. At any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us at the details below or by using opt-out facilities provided in our communications. We do not provide your Personal Information to other organisations for the purposes of their direct marketing.
We may disclose Personal Information to third parties overseas for the purposes for which we collect and use that information. This includes disclosure to a third party provider of recruitment services in the Philippines and to employees of any associated entity or third party provider located in New Zealand for recruitment and finance purposes. Other disclosure is generally limited to third party providers of services such as website hosting, data storage and electronic communications. Any such disclosure will be done in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We will attempt to ensure that persons to whom the disclosed Personal Information relates have comparable rights in relation to that information once disclosed overseas.
How you can access and correct Personal Information
You may contact us to access your Personal Information or to correct inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading Personal Information by:
Mail: 4impact Group. Level 22/ 324 Queen Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +61 3177 1400
We will respond to those requests within a reasonable period in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act. If we refuse a request to access or correct Personal Information, where reasonable, we will provide you our reasons for doing so and information about your ability to complain about such refusal.
We will investigate and attempt to resolve your complaint in accordance with the Privacy Act.
You may contact the OAIC if you are not satisfied with the outcome of this process.
More information on the Privacy Act is available on the website of the OAIC at www.oaic.gov.au.